top of page



The following is a community resource document created by Comunidades Unidas on information about mortgage and rent assistance.

The Emergency Rental Assistance program - can help tenants who are unable to pay rent and utilities due to circumstances related to COVID-19.

Eviction Moratorium  - The form must be signed by all parties listed in the lease and must be sent by certified mail to guarantee the arrival. It can also be emailed and delivered to the owner. The moratorium is valid until June 30, 2021.


Community Development Corporation of Utah: They offer temporary mortgage assistance to those who have been affected by COVID-19 in Salt Lake City areas like Glendale, Rose Park, Avenues, downtown SLC, etc. Call (801) 994-7222 to see if you qualify for a low interest forgiveness loan of up to 5,000 or visit the website for the application which is available in English and Spanish.

NeighborhoodWorks Salt Lake: Salt Lake City residents may qualify for a loan of up to $5,000, an average of $1,800 per month or three (3) months to cover the cost of their mortgage. An application does not guarantee mortgage payment assistance. You are responsible for any payments due while the application is in process. If you have any questions, please email us at or call us at 801-539-1590. For more information, click here.

Assistance to pay Gas/ Electricity and Water

Both Rocky Mountain Power and Dominion Energy DO NOT turn off power/ gas for non-payment (you can request payment plans / request more time to pay by calling their lines):

Dominion Energy

Click here for help or contact them at 800-323-5517 or to inform them of your situation


Rocky Mountain Power:

Click here for help or contact them at 1-888-221-0707 to inform them of your situation.

HEAT Program: Electricity and gas bill assistance for qualifying residents of Salt Lake and Tooele counties. Call (801) 359-2444, apply online or send completed application to 5361 S 4220 W, Kearns, UT 84118.

Salvation Army: Salt Lake 438 South 900 West Salt Lake City, UT 84104. Call (801) 988-4204 to see if you qualify. They provide utility service assistance. Clients must complete the utility assistance application, state veterans, provide photo identification, provide birth certificates for all children living in the home, proof of income or social security, and most recent bill. All eligible to apply regardless of immigration status.

Utah Community Action: 801-359-2444 (this line is to see if they qualify, if they speak Spanish it may take 1-2 days to return your call by capacity). The resource is available to all families including undocumented families, just say you need the funding due to COVID-19.



Community Health Workers, Ciriac Alvarez, HEAT, Health Choice Utah, Multicultural Counseling Center, National Alliance on Mental Illness- Utah, Salt Lake County Office for New Americans, Utah Community Action, Utah Department of Health Office of Health Disparities, Utah Department of Workforce Services, United Way of Salt Lake- Utah 211, Voices for Utah Children. 


bottom of page